BRIGHTWORKS
home services
projects
insights
our people news
contact us
intelligent strategies for sustainability

Brightworks manages over one hundred projects throughout the US and overseas with construction value of several billion dollars. Our work includes large infrastructure-scale and master plan projects, university and corporate campuses and stand-alone building projects of all types and sizes.

901 5th Avenue Office Building


LEED Silver Certified

The 40 floor, 550,00 square foot tower in Seattle's business district underwent an extensive renovation and LEED-EB certification effort, which focuses on implementing healthful and energy efficient ongoing operations and maintenance programs in the building. Brightworks led the project team's LEED strategies with a focus on energy and water savings, increased indoor air quality and thermal controls, and alternative commuter options.

In the course of renovation the building achieved a 35% reduction in energy consumption and a 15% total reduction in operating and maintenance costs. The installed rainwater harvesting system, efficiency upgrades, and landscaping plan resulted in a 50% reduction in water use. Ongoing operational policies encouraging transportation to the building by means other than single-occupancy vehicles also help the building and its tenants reduce their environmental footprint. The 901 5th Avenue renovation and LEED-EB Silver certification prove that older buildings can make important steps toward sustainability and operational efficiency.